July 22, 2008

running has a very hot friend named victory.

Boy, am I sore today. My abs hurt. My legs are killing me. It hurts to move.

I haven't felt this beat up since Bennet was born. What did I do to my body?

Last week, I decided it was time to start running again. I am finally feeling back to my old self, and there's no time like the present to push my body into getting back into shape. I signed up last week to run the 5K at the Baltimore Marathon in October - which means it's time to train!

Yesterday, I started the coolrunning.com "Couch to 5K" program. It worked really well for me in the past, so I am looking forward to the same results this time around. For the next 9 weeks leading up to the Marathon, I'll be training Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I can't wait to build back up to being able to run again without feeling like I am going to die or pass out. It's amazing what not running for about a year (and being pregnant during that year) does to your physical ability!

I'm excited to get back in shape, be a part of the Baltimore Marathon, and hopefully get the rest of this baby weight off. Wish me luck!






3 comments:

April E. :) said...

I am really proud of you my tt. Can't wait to see you soon.

Regina said...

Couch to 5k? I'll have to look that up. I've been meaning to get back into running shape. I can't keep using my broken ankle as an excuse.

Good luck Terri! (Not that you'll need too much of it. You're an amazingly driven person. You'll make it to your goal.)

- Sarah :-) said...

To finish your title... "And maybe one day... manaje tua?"

Okay, so I can't spell, but that commercial TOTALLY caught me off guard when I first heard it - and then I just died laughing.


Good times... good times...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...