May 6, 2009

one.

Our baby boy is one year old! When I was pregnant, everyone would tell me how quickly time goes. They'd tell me that, before we new it, he'd be graduating from college. I didn't really understand what they meant until now.

I cannot believe that the little boy we brought home from the hospital one year ago is now a silly, adventurous toddler. He's growing up so fast!

Several times over the past few weeks, Andrew and I have marveled at how it's even possible that a year has passed so quickly. It's been one of the happiest years of my life - I love being a mom and seeing Andrew be a dad. I love watching Bennet grow and teaching him new things. I never fully understood when I was pregnant what a fun, crazy ride we were about to embark on. It's a truly amazing experience. Every day brings new, exciting things. I love it.

We had a wonderful Birthday Party for Bennet this past Saturday. So many of our friends and family were able to be there. Bennet loved eating cake and opening presents (he got so many!) When Andrew and I reflected on the party later, we both thought it was a wonderful celebration of the past year. Such a large amount of the friends Bennet has made and the people who have supported us were able to be there - we felt so blessed.

Little Monkey, I'm not sure how we went from this



to this


so quickly. I can still vividly rememeber holding you in the hospital when you were born and thinking that I wanted you to stay that small forever. I thought I'd be so sad when you started to grow into a big boy. I couldn't have been more wrong. I love seeing you grow, change and learn. You're a healthy, wonderful little boy and the greatest blessing of my life has been watching you grow from an 8-pound newborn to a 30-pound toddler - full of life and wonder. I love you, Monkey! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

- Sarah :-) said...

Oh my gosh - I can't believe he's already 1! Wow... and what a sweet memory!

April E. :) said...

sweet boy...let's go #2!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...