July 15, 2009

has it really been three weeks?

I'm thankful that I decided to participate in Project 365 over the next year. Without it, I'd probably never find the time to blog about the happenings in our world! I have a list of topics to post about, but somehow the list keeps getting longer and I seem to be posting less and less!

I cannot believe that it was three weeks ago today that we left Baltimore, headed to Clearfield, to drop Bennet off at "Grandma Camp" and head to Buffalo for vacation! Time flies when you're chasing after a toddler, I suppose!

Even three weeks later, I am so very thankful for my wonderful mother-in-law who watched Bennet for us so that we could get away on a mini-vacation together. We had such a wonderful time. Bennet had a ball at Grandma Camp, too, playing with his cousin Raegan!



We drove from Clearfield to Lockport, NY (near Buffalo) for our friends Dave & Carly's wedding. We had a great time catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. The wedding was absolutely amazing - one of the best weddings I've ever been to by far!


Dave & Carly got married on a beautiful lawn next to the Erie Canal.


After the ceremony, everyone got to go on an hour-long boat ride on the Erie Canal.



The reception was lots of fun, too. Delicious food, yummy cupcakes, dancing - what more could you ask for?


We were sad to say goodbye to our friends, but on Saturday morning, we drove into Canada to Niagara-on-the-Lake, wine country in Ontario. We stayed in an adorable little inn and spent Saturday tasting wines and eating amazing food - two things Andrew and I both love!


On Sunday, it was time to head back to Clearfield to pick up Bennet! We made a final stop at Niagara Falls and rode on The Maid of the Mist, a boat that takes you right up to the falls and gets you absolutely soaked!


We had such an amazing time. It's so nice to reconnect and have some time without the baby around, even though we love him to pieces! Thanks again, Grammy, for keeping such a good eye on Bennet for us so we could enjoy our little getaway!

2 comments:

Andrew Peters said...

me = wildebeest
(at least in those last couple photos)

- Sarah :-) said...

Wow - looks like you guys had a blast! Thanks for catching us up with the pics. LOVE that you do the 365, and wish I could remember to take at least one picture a day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...