September 24, 2009

all around the room.

Yesterday, I let Bennet play alone in his room all by himself. I baby-gated him into the room and came back every few minutes to check on him. He did a fantastic job. I was impressed with how quietly he played, and with how long he entertained himself all on his own. I've always tried to teach him to play independently, and this was a great time for him to practice playing by himself!


When playtime was over and I went in to help him clean up, I couldn't help but laugh. In the hour that he was in his room alone, I think he took out every single toy he owns. It was a complete mess, but I'm so glad he had such a fun time!

It's nice to know that he can play in his room now on his own. What a big boy he is becoming!

3 comments:

April E. :) said...

What better way to pick what to play with, then to pull out all the options?! :)

Miranda said...

This is exactly what Weston does to my living room on a regular basis! Haha. He doesn't have toys in his room really but when we put Grayson in the nursery and switch Weston to his "toddler room" I need to rethink that. There's just WAY too much in the living room!

The Coys said...

He looks so pleased with himself too! Too cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...