March 30, 2010

project 365: week 52

I can't believe this is my last week for Project 365! I've really debated whether or not to continue for a second year, and have decided that I should since we have a new baby coming soon! One of the many projects on my "to do" list before she gets here is to put this past year of 365-ing into a digital scrapbook and have it printed. I know these are things that I should get finished before I have a toddler and a newborn to take care of!



March 24 2010: My favorite thrift store, Value Village, had a 50% off day, so Bennet and I spent the morning there stocking up on all sorts of goodies. Pictured is all of my loot from the day: clothes and pajamas for Bennet, a few children's books, playdough molds, matchbox cars, toy tools, a toy Radio Flyer wheelbarrow (that I want to plant flowers in and put on the back porch thanks to an idea from April,) a metal wall sconce that I plan to spray paint and turn into an outdoor planter, all sorts of sewing notions, buttons and fabric, a ride-on car for Bennet, pants for Andrew, an herbal heat pack for lower back pain and some clothes and shoes for the baby girl!


March 25, 2010: Bennet and I snagged a great deal at our local Goodwill - a Raido Flyer tricycle! It has a handle on the back so we can push him on it. He loves it! After his nap, he played in the back yard while I cooked dinner. I told him he had to wait for Andrew to get home to take him in the alley to ride it and he waited patiently at the back gate for his Daddy. They drove it up and down the alley and then we took him for a long walk around the neighborhood after dinner. The next day, the cold weather and rain came back, so he hasn't gotten much more use out of it since then!


March 26, 2010: There's a new Chinese and sushi buffet in town, and we went there for dinner. Bennet was really interested in my chopsticks and insisted on eating his macaroni and cheese with them!


March 27, 2010: We took my mom to lunch for her birthday. Bennet had a great time feeding her cupcakes and putting icing all over her sweatshirt and hair!


March 28, 2010: Bennet and I tried our hand at planting seeds a few weeks ago. He picked out sunflowers, forget-me-nots and organic lettuce. I was skeptical since I've never planted seeds before, but our sunflowers started to sprout this weekend! Since I took this picture, our forget-me-nots have started, too!


March 29, 2010: An Easter card came in the mail today from Grammy Gale! She sent Bennet some money for a special treat, and I decided to take him shopping for an outfit for his birthday party. I love the cute little seersucker pants and matching vest! He'll be looking pretty adorable at his party in May!


March 30, 2010: We met my mom and grandma for lunch today, and they showed up with this Easter hat for Bennet. It's pretty ridiculous, huh? He, of course, loves it and has not stopped wearing it!

1 comments:

April E. :) said...

I too am quite proud that you have made it one year!! Too bad I couldn't do it.
I am very excited that your next years will include a sweet little girl!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...