November 20, 2010

project 365: week 84



November 3, 2010: The kids and I met up with some friends at the play area at our local mall. Poor Kennedy had a nasty cold, so she slept for most of our outing. A baby with a cold is such a sad thing. I'm glad she is feeling better now!


November 4, 2010: I've recently stopped shopping with the kids for items that count for a large part of our budget - groceries, home supplies, etc. I find that I have more time to compare prices and look through my coupons when the kids stay home, so Andrew has been keeping them while I shop. I always see toddlers pushing these cute, little "Customer in Training" carts at Giant and think of how much Bennet would love them. Since I just had a few items to grab, I took him with me and let him push his little, green cart. He loved it, and it was hilarious to watch. I'd quickly loose patience with it on an actual grocery trip, but for running a quick shopping errand, it's a perfect way to keep your toddler busy at the grocery store!


November 5, 2010: Every now and then, you get the opportunity to catch up with an old friend that you haven't seen in ages. We had our old friends, Micki and Ems and their husbands, over for dinner and it was wonderful. We had not seen either of them since around the time we got married. Since then, we've had two kids, they've each gotten married, and Ems and her husband are pregnant! Too much time had passed since we'd see them - Andrew and I both felt so happy to have had the chance to spend time with them again. For dinner, I made Pumpkin Black Bean Chili, a recipe from a blog I am really enjoying lately - Wives with Knives. It was amazing - definitely a recipe worth trying out before fall ends if you have the time!


November 6, 2010: We had leftover bread to use up, so Andrew found a simple french toast recipe that he could make with Bennet, and the two of them cooked breakfast together. Cooking with toddlers is not always easy, but Bennet really loves to learn how to cook. He is always so proud of himself when he helps one of us prepare a meal. It's important to me that we teach our kids to eat healthy and enjoy food - and I'm so glad that Bennet likes hanging out with us in the kitchen!


November 7, 2010: If you're worried that your toddler is the only toddler who has a nose picking habit, worry no more. Bennet is constantly picking his nose. Gross. I guess it's better than throwing two year old tantrums. I'll take the quiet nose picking any day.


November 8, 2010: We have a great beach and playground within walkable distance of our house. The kids and I have been going for a neighborhood walk every afternoon after nap time. It's been a great solution for Bennet's restlessness in the time between naps and dinner. It's also given me lots more energy at a time of day when I am usually exhausted. Sadly, it's starting to get darker and darker outside in the afternoons, and our walks keep getting shorter and shorter.


November 9, 2010: Bennet and I picked out some fall craft supplies and made Thanksgiving picture frames for the people he is most thankful for this Thanksgiving season. When I asked him who he was thankful for, he said, "Thankful for Momma." It's the tiny moments like that when I most realize how blessed I am to be able to stay home with my children and spend my days with them.

I'm so excited to have recently launched a few giveaways on this blog! Be sure to check out (and enter!) my reviews and giveaways for Cooking.com and, if you're local, Marley Bounce Party!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...