October 22, 2011

Two New Babies!

There were free kittens listed on our local freecycle this week, and somehow I talked Andrew into letting us get one!  I’ve been so excited for the past few days to bring a sweet, little kitten home and let the kids (especially Bennet) experience life with a new pet.

We drove to the house to pick our kitten out this afternoon, and I fell in love with two…

2011-10-22 17.26.02

Oh.  My.  Goodness.

Can you blame me?  They were the two long-haired babies of the litter and I couldn’t possibly choose!

2011-10-22 17.04.08

The sweetie on the left is Perry – the baby boy.  The one on the right is Penny – our girl. 

Bennet named the boy Perry because of his love of the platypus of the same name on Phineas and Ferb

I named the girl Penny because she is dramatic and whiny like Penny – my favorite character on Happy Endings.  If you watch the show, you’ll understand when I say this little kitten is Amaaah-zing.

DSCN2611

I bathed them, brushed them, and trimmed their nails – and now they are resting comfortably in their little kitty bed…

DSCN2622

Perry’s sleeping on top of his sister.  Poor Penny.

I’m sure we’re in for some fun with these babies over the next few weeks.  They’re only seven weeks old, and are super-tiny and loveable.  Sigh.  Kitties.  Love.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...