March 29, 2008

bennet's belongings.

Baby Bennet preparations continue around the Peters' house. It's amazing how large of a space the belongings of a tiny, little baby take up! On Thursday night, we finally unpacked all of the enormous cardboard boxes we'd been storing in our dining room. We now have the stroller, car seat, jogging stroller, pack & play and cradle swing all unpacked and ready to go. We've only found a permanent place for the swing - in the nursery. I was worried because, although it looked to be a normal size in the store, it got pretty HUGE when we put it together in our 11-foot-wide house. I think it's beautiful, though. Perfect for a sweet baby boy.The best part about the swing is that it plays a light-up star display all around the room when you turn it on in the dark - so pretty. Now we just have to figure out the best place to keep strollers and the pack & play. We know that the car seat will go in the car - so that's one storage solution down...3 more to go. We're trying not to think about the jump-a-roo that is currently down in our basement waiting for him to be big enough to play with it, OR the exer-caucer that is coming soon. One thing I've realized is absolutely certain is that there's no way we can have two babies in this house. Our days on Cooksie may be numbered...

I also have all of the linens and baby clothes washed and put away - ready to go! I can't wait for him to get here so we can start using everything.One more cute nursery addition of note is my framed valance over the changing table. The bedding set came with a valance that we cannot use due to our weird city-house windows. I was going to give it away until I saw someone selling one in a frame on ebay for like $20! I thought, "Surely I can do that!" And I did! It's very cute, and it really seems to connect all of the crib bedding with the rest of the room. I'm quite proud of myself.


Everything's getting in place. Now all we need is a baby! I can't believe that I'm a few days shy of being 5 weeks from my due date. Time flies.

3 comments:

April E. :) said...

Oh it is SO cute! That is a neat idea for the valance!! I am SO excited too!!!

Many Titles said...

I bet to finally have everything in place and ready for him only makes you want him out of your belly even more. Not to mention the frequent pee trips and uncomfortable back pain and not being able to sleep. =) Oh the joys.

Danielle said...

Absolutely precious! Don't you just love creative ideas like that?

Can't wait to see little Bennet! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...