April 29, 2008


It has been a long & slightly emotional day, but as it comes to an end, I think we're definitely headed in the right direction. I had my NST & ultrasound this morning, and when I saw Dr. Kouzhami afterwards, he told me the news we've been waiting to hear...I'm 2 centimeters dilated and ready to be induced! He planned to schedule it for tomorrow, and I was VERY excited - not only because I'm ready for it to be over and done with, but also because he and Dr. Weitz (the two doctors I've seen since Dr. Hunter left) are the doctors covering Labor and Delivery tomorrow...so I was excited to have a doctor I know there with me. Unfortunately, there are 8 or 9 inductions scheduled tomorrow at GBMC and they couldn't fit me in...so I have been scheduled for Thursday morning instead. There were a lot of tears and frustration on my end about this, but at the end of it all, I'm glad I at least know that Thursday is the day we'll meet our son! I'm very ready for the "pregnant" chapter of our life to close and the "parent" one to begin. I can't believe we're only a few hours away!

Andrew is taking the afternoon off work tomorrow to keep me company - we plan to have lunch at my favorite Thai restaurant and then see "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" at Arundel Mills - should be a nice afternoon! We know it will be our last "date" for a little while, so we're looking forward to it. Tomorrow morning I have an eyebrow wax scheduled (don't know when I'll make it for another one of those for a while) and then I'll probably do some shopping just to keep busy until Andrew's off work. I'm feeling extremely anxious & excited for Thursday to get here, so I know keeping myself busy will be key.

We just got back from walking about a mile & 1/2, trying to move the process along on its own. Our first choice, of course, would be to go into labor some time between now and Thursday morning without being induced. But, if it comes down to Thursday - we know that it's better to be induced and have a chance at delivering without a c-section then to give Mr. Bennet another week (or more!) to get bigger and more difficult to deliver. If you're reading this, say a little prayer that I go into labor on my own before Thursday.

Regardless of what we want or what happens, we know that God already has this planned out and we're just along for the ride, trusting Him! We will be sure to keep everyone posted WHENEVER Bennet arrives. Thanks in advance for all of the encouragement and prayers!


April E. :) said...

I love you TT!!! And I am so excited for you to have your little bambino!!! I am praying so hard for your desires to come through, but in time that little one will be here one way or another!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...