June 11, 2008

everything i hoped for.

Those of you who know me well know that I am pretty much in love with the girl who does my hair, Ashley. She works at a salon in Pasadena, and I have been going to her for 4 years. She is pretty and nice and does an amazing job on my hair. Plus, she is just really fun to talk to and spend the 2 hours that it takes to get my hair done with.

Lately, though, there's been a problem and that problem has a name - Bennet.

Being a mom is keeping me way too busy to fit in a 2-hour hair appointment combined with another hour of travel time to the salon in Pasadena where Ashley works. I don't want to have to take Bennet with me to appointments, so any appointment I make will have to be when Andrew is off work and when Andrew is off work - I want to spend time with him - so I need a hair place that is convenient and that I can get in and out of fast!

Those of you who have "hair girls" that you are faithful to know that the search for a new one can be terrifying. How do you trust someone else to do your hair and not mess it up? Will you like them? Will you like the way they do your hair? I'm sure you can imagine - I was freaking out! I did some research on some salons close to my house here in Locust Point and OMG...they were all at least $75 more than it was costing me to get my hair done in Pasadena - Yikes! Not exactly what I'm looking for with all of the expenses a new baby adds to your life.

Just when I thought I was doomed to trek down Rt. 100 and leave Andrew and Bennet for hours at a time...I stumbled on a review for Clip Art Hair Design. Clip Art is located on the corner of Fort & Riverside in Federal Hill and I have driven by it several times thinking it looked a little sketch from the outside, especially when across the street is the very nice (and expensive) Phillip Michael Studio (another salon.) I remembered that Natalie gets her hair cut there and promptly consulted with her on her opinion of the place - she loves it, of course, which is why she continues to get her hair cut there. I sent them an e-mail asking them if they were good at foil highlighting and explaining how apprehensive I was to switch salons (they probably thought I was a little kookoo.) They e-mailed back and were very understanding and so...I made an appointment. With Kristyn. For yesterday.

The verdict. - I love this place! It is small - 4 girls work there - and it's very cute and trendy inside (not at all what you'd expect from outside.) Kristyn was nice and very good with my hair. It looks exactly the same as when Ashley does it (which is good) and the cut ROCKS! She left the length the way it wa
s (because I was proud that I had grown it so long and wasn't ready to cut it quite yet) and put really neat chunky, long layers in it with a razor comb. You wouldn't be able to tell if I posted a picture because it's so slight of a difference - so I'll spare you - but trust me, it's great!

So, the moral of the story is that if you're afraid to change hair persons, or you're looking for a salon in the city, I highly, highly recommend Clip Art. It's very cool. AND...here's the best part...it was CHEAPER than I pay in Pasadena to get my hair done there. Can't beat that! Now I have some extra money for other things...like formula, diapers and baby-sitting!

2 comments:

April E. :) said...

FREE Babysitter here. :)

and I am glad it all worked out...after my hair got butchered last time I can understand :)

- Sarah :-) said...

Awesome!! I recently (last year... not so recent, I guess) found a Salon that I LOVE and it is a drive for me, but I love it! I used to just go wherever was convenient and would walk out hating my hair, totally ticked off at the stylist, and driving Kyle nuts with my whining and complaining (it takes FOREVER to grow back when you have a bad cut!). BUT I finally found one that I am always going back to - so where last year, I'd have NO clue what you meant, I TOTALLY understand now, and that's awesome!! Now... if only I had the guts to find a good stylist in or near Crofton. Hmm...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...