March 30, 2009

crash! bang!

Bennet has a new found love of crawling all over the downstairs. With an open row home, we don't really have a way to baby gate him into one area of the lower level, so he has full run of the house! His current love is crawling into the kitchen to visit me while I am cooking or cleaning. Unfortunately, there aren't any baby toys in the kitchen. I keep turning to find him eating dog food, pulling kitchen towels down from the stove, or sitting smack in the middle of Sophie's pee pad (ew.)

Being the resourceful mommy that I am, I decided to introduce him to the joys of playing with pot lids in the kitchen. He had a great time banging them on the floor, chewing on them, and crawling over them. Best of all, he stayed away from the dog's belongings and my kitchen towels stayed neatly folded, hanging from the oven door.

The silly, little daily challenges we face as Bennet grows from a baby to a toddler are so entertaining. I am so thankful to be able to stay at home now and be with him throughout his whole day. The time is going fast - I can't believe he'll be one in a month! While it's sad to watch my tiny baby grow up, I am truly enjoying seeing him grow into a little person - full of curiosity, learning new things every day. Each day really does bring a new adventure in our house, and I am loving every minute of it!

1 comments:

April E. :) said...

I can't believe it either...I feel like you JUST told me you were pregnant...now you are all SAHMommy and he is such a big boy, growing so fast. Sweet memories :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...