April 1, 2009

life in the fast lane.

Last night, on our way to the grocery store, Bennet and I ran into Goodwill - just to see if they had anything good. They definitely did! I have been looking for one of those push toys that babies can lean on and push around to help them learn to walk. Since I rarely buy a baby toy that isn't from a thrift store, I've been biding my time, picking through the used ones at thrift stores, not really finding one that I felt was in good enough shape to buy. Our Goodwill often gets new items from Target in, and sells them for a low price. Last night, we found a push toy that converts to a ride-on car - new in the box from Target - for $5! Bennet and I (mostly me) were pretty excited, and could hardly wait to finish our grocery shopping so we could come home and have Andrew put it together!

He doesn't really get the walker aspect of it yet, but he loves the car! We'll keep working on the walking. He'll get there!



We also gave him french fries and ketchup for dinner last night. He seemed to enjoy it - even stuck some in his ear! Luckily, we've planned bath time to happen right after dinner - so off to the tub he went to be scrubbed down by Mommy!


3 comments:

April E. :) said...

Do you just stare at him all day? Cause he's cute...especially with french fries and ketchup in his hair :)

The Coys said...

That is a fabulous deal! Let me know if you see any more. I've been looking for a walker for Etame since Christmas. I love the wood ones but can't part with $100+ for them.

Karasmith said...

We have that and it is a big hit! Ens just fell off of his this morning (woops!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...