April 8, 2009

project 365: week 1


April 1st marked the start of a new project in out family - Project 365. The basic principle of the Project 365 Challenge is to take a photo every day for one year - 365 days. If you achieve this goal, at the end of the year you will be able to look back upon every day of the year and recall what you did, who you met, what you learned, etc. One of my new favorite bloggers - Wendy at Wendolonia - has inspired me to take part in the project. Wendy's blog about her family is amazing - I highly recommend you check it out!

Our first week went surprisingly well, considering how sick Bennet and I have been all week. I'm thankful today that, even on the days I was feeling the most lousy, I carried my camera with me and took pictures. I now have one week under my belt, and have lots of great memories to share!


April 1, 2009: Bennet was pretty excited to get a hold of my cell phone when I wasn't looking!



April 2, 2009: Our Thursday morning Playgroup crew - Bennet, Fiona and Lawson - all happily munching on cookies from Spoons.



April 3, 2009: Daddy icing Bennet's head after his tragic fall from the changing table.




April 4, 2009: Bennet's first shared bath! We had dinner at The Smiths' and put Bennet down to bed there while we hung out with Nate and Kara. Bennet was sick, so he cried through the whole bath, much to Ensley's dismay.



April 5, 2009: Got my free Campbell's Tomato Seeds in the mail! Planted them this weekend - hope they sprout!


April 6, 2009: Gave Bennet Chef Boyardee Ravioli for the first time. He's a big fan!



April 7, 2009: Despite the sickness plaguing our house, we attempted to go outside and try out the new sandbox. I can tell he's going to love it once he's well. Yesterday he played for a few minutes and then went back to being clingy and crying.

4 comments:

April E. :) said...

GOSH...I so have wanted to do that Project 365 thing...but never got up the nerve to carry my camera. I used to do it all the time...but I have been a huge picture slacker as of late.



my dear...you may just have inspired me...

Many Titles said...

I was going to do it with Tess. Just taking pictures of her every day starting tomorrow. But why should I miss out on all the fun! I think it is great to add the whole family to the mix. You have started a trend, my dear.

Danielle said...

My friends' husband did this with their son every day from the day he was born until his first birthday. They tried to capture him in the same pose. Then for mother's day he made all the photos into a bound flip book to give to my friend. It really is the neatest thing.

- Sarah :-) said...

Wow - LOVE the flip-book baby book idea. How cool!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...