May 11, 2009

new year - new doctor.

Bennet had his 1-year pediatrician appointment today. We recently made the decision to change doctors, and this was our first visit with his new pediatrician. Her name is Meghann and she's a nurse practitioner. I love her. She could not have been more thorough, kind and helpful. I didn't feel rushed at all. I felt very at ease with her. I definitely feel reassured that we made the right choice in switching.

The appointment seemed to fall at a good time, as Bennet has had a terrible cough and runny nose for the past few days. I had suspected allergies, but became concerned when he coughed through the entire night last night. I was eager to get him in to see the doctor.

Meghann agreed with me - it does seem to be allergies. Apparently he is highly allergic like his mother. She's starting him on allergy medication and wants us to start up with the nebulizer again. Bennet screams hysterically throughout his nebulizer treatments, so Andrew and I are pretty excited about that.

As far as his 1-year appointment, he is doing great! He's in the 90th percentile for height and weight, and the 95th for head circumference! She was pleased to hear that he is successfully eating table food and has moved from formula to whole milk. She thinks he'll be walking very soon. Based on his babbling, she also looks for him to have quite a few words in his vocabulary by his 15-month appointment. She was extremely complimentary of the job I am doing with Bennet, which made me feel good.

Poor little guy got four shots today - two in each leg! He was absolutely miserable by bedtime and quickly fell asleep in his crib, sucking on frog ninny. Meghann said he will most likely have a fever tomorrow - fun!

All-in-all, we have a beautiful, healthy, thriving 1-year-old and we are so thankful. Bennet is such a joy and the more I hear that he's doing well, the more I know that God has His hand on him and is taking good care of my little baby!

2 comments:

April E. :) said...

That's a great picture!! I am glad to hear he is such a healthy boy!

- Sarah :-) said...

Woohoo - glad he's a healthy monkey!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...