August 1, 2009

family reunion.

Today was our family reunion for my mom's side of the family. My mom's cousin, Georgie, hosts the event every-other-summer. We always look forward to it, and were excited to go this year. There was swimming, there were crabs, there was even a birthday cake for the August birthdays (note: I'm an August birthday!) It was nice to get together with everyone and catch up, and Georgie sent us home with lots of delicious tomatoes, fresh from his garden, which I'll be making into spaghetti sauce! Such a fun day!

Bennet loved the pool. He is such a big fan of the pool floatie I bought him this summer at the flea market. I can't think of a better way to spend a dollar!


There was a yummy fresh fruit salad, and Bennet was covered in sticky fruit juice after eating watermelon, pineapple, strawberries and blueberries. We neglected to get a picture of him after he covered himself in birthday cake - it was absurd! Babies love messes, that's for sure!


All but one of my mom's siblings and my grandma were there. I always love getting to spend time with my aunts and uncles and cousins. My baby cousin, Lacey, and I got some time to chat, which I always enjoy!


We had such a wonderful time. It's so amazing to see our family grow and change over the years. When we had our reunion two years ago, I wasn't even pregnant with Bennet yet and now, here we are, with a toddler and thinking about baby number two! I feel so blessed to have such a beautiful family of my own, and such wonderful cousins, aunts, uncles, grandmas and more to share it with! Thanks, Georgie, for a wonderful afternoon!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...