February 24, 2010

cooking with bennet.


This week, I took Bennet to a toddler cooking class at Whole Foods. We had a great time - eating snacks, making granola, reading stories and hanging out with our friends the Postells. At the end of the class, the kids got to choose three pieces of produce from the produce section to take home with them. We picked out an eggplant, a bunch of asparagus and some brussels sprouts.


I decided to make Eggplant Parmesan with Bennet for dinner that night. He loves sitting in a chair in the kitchen now and helping out with the cooking. He loved watching me slice the eggplant, and then helping me dip the slices in egg and breadcrumbs.



Once we baked the eggplant slices, we added cheese and sauce to the mix and put it back into the oven to bake. Bennet and Andrew had a great time putting cheese on the eggplant...


...and sneaking some bites of cheese!


Dinner turned out wonderfully - Bennet even ate some of his eggplant along with his pasta.


Maybe the secret to getting Bennet to try different foods is to include him in the cooking!

1 comments:

April E. :) said...

I include myself in the cooking and I still don't like certain things... HEEHEE :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...