November 27, 2010

dollhouse renovation: rehabbing an old dollhouse for kennedy

A few days ago, I saw that someone was offering an old dollhouse on Freecycle. The idea of rehabbing a dollhouse had never crossed my mind before then, but suddenly I was filled with visions of pouring my heart into fixing up an old dollhouse to give to Kennedy someday. I picked it up yesterday, and it's amazing! The structure, other than needing some gluing, is wonderful. Its condition gives me a great starting point to create a beautiful, custom-decorated dollhouse for Beanie. I've spent some time looking at some blogs about rehabbing old dollhouses, and I am so excited. I can't wait to get started!



It looks like my first step will be cleaning and sanding. I found some great information about every step of the process, down to making little furniture and other miniature items for the house on the Beautiful Mini Blessings blog. Just spending a few minutes browsing the posts on this blog filled me with ideas and inspiration for Kennedy's dollhouse! I can't wait to get all of the structural work finished and then start planning the decor for the dollhouse with my sweet, little daughter in mind.

Anyone who has ideas, tips, or website resources to share - please do! I'm so excited to get started, and to share the progress of my dollhouse renovation with all of you!

4 comments:

April E. :) said...

It's going to be a such a great project!!! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Kathi said...

Hi! I'm so excited for you and your beautiful little daughter! This is a great house! Can't beat FREE! :D
I'm sure you'll have lots of fun fixing it up. Thanks for visiting my blog. Welcome to the wonderful world of miniatures!
Blessings,
Kathi

Terri said...

Thanks, Kathi! I'm really looking forward to it. I can't believe I didn't think of something like this sooner! What a fun project.

Jaime Tucker said...

Love it! We will have to talk about this project!!! We are having so much fun doing ours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...