February 8, 2011

joy of love day eight

joyoflovelogo125px

08: gift from the heart

DSCF3605

Today’s prompt is about a special gift given to you by the one you love.  My first impulse was to photograph the necklace Andrew gave me after Kennedy was born – a sweet pendant with both of their names engraved on it.  When I went to take it out of my jewelry box, however, I saw this one – the necklace Andrew and Bennet bought for me on my first Mother’s Day as a Mommy.  I came across a blog the other day where the mommy writing credited her oldest daughter with being the one who “made her a mommy.”  I found that thought to be so beautiful.  Bennet will always be the child who made me Momma.  He changed my entire outlook on the world – my priorities will never be the same – I will never be the same.  Bennet was born just a few days before Mother’s Day and I vividly remember going to the mall with a few-day old baby (to buy nursing bras!) and having Andrew say to me, “As hectic as things are right now, we may not get out again before Mother’s Day, so let’s pick out a present for you together while we’re here.”  I wanted a piece of emerald jewelry because it was Bennet’s birthstone, and when I saw this necklace, I loved how the setting had emeralds and diamonds all around it.  The girl behind the counter said, “This is an eternity pendant – it’s supposed to symbolize love that will never end because it will go around and around like the circle.”  My post-baby hormones could not handle such a beautiful thought, and as my eyes filled up with tears – Andrew told her we’d take it!  Those early days with Bennet were such an exhausting, challenging time, but more than all the tears and the drama and the stress – I remember being indescribably in love with my sweet, baby son.  Even now, with all of the tears, drama and stress that parenting a toddler brings – I sure do love that little boy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...