March 1, 2011

February “Julia”–Supremes De Volaille A Blanc

11 in 11

We made our February recipe from Mastering the Art of French Cooking this weekend and it was amazing!  The month was getting away from us, so I chose something simple -

Supremes De Volaille A Blanc (Breast of Chicken with Cream)

Epinards a la Crème (Spinach Braised in Cream)

Risotto (Braised Rice)

DSCF4524

Here’s a shot of the finished product, minus the cream sauce – which Andrew was still finishing up when I took this photo.

This was an absolutely delicious meal!  We braised the rice for our risotto in the homemade turkey stock Andrew made at Thanksgiving.  The creamed spinach was so, so good – and, the chicken – yum!  French food is definitely one of my favorites, and it’s been a lot of fun trying out some traditional French recipes at home!

DSCF4516

DSCF4514

I can’t decide which part of the meal was my favorite.  I was in a food coma on the couch all night – tummy full of “Julia” goodness! 

I’ve started collecting vintage casserole dishes, and we got to make the creamed spinach in one of them – which seemed very appropriate!

DSCF4528

Such a good meal.  I can’t wait to make more recipes from Mastering the Art of French Cooking.  I see many more food comas in my future!

DSCF4527

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...