August 29, 2012

Sibling Sweetness.

I’m really loving the ages my kids are at.  The fact that they are BOTH in preschool aside, I’m talking about more than just enjoying my alone time.

IMG_20120829_095944

Sigh.  Right?  They are best pals at this age and I adore it.  Bennet patiently plays super heroes with Kennedy in his room, and they snuggle up and watch TV together.  Andrew and I have even noticed that they squeak and squeal and communicate with each other in some weird “twin language” that is something all their own.

IMG_20120829_095554

Right now, I’m swinging on my front porch, blogging, while the kids play on the tree swing in the front yard.  Doubtful that the day will remain this picturesque – but I’m learning to enjoy the small moments while they last.

I’m reading The Happiness Project right now – a little late, I know – and it is one of the best books I’ve ever read.  I’m quite the reader, and I’m picky, so trust me – read this book.

It will make you appreciate tiny moments of bliss that you may otherwise forget to enjoy. 

Like porch swings and sweet babies and sibling love. 

What’s made you happy today?

1 comments:

Erika . . . with a K said...

AWww, so sweet! I was always close with my siblings and we were all about 1 1/2 - 2 years about. I was worried my daughter (8) and baby (9 months) wouldn't be that close because of the 7 year age difference. I adore watching them together. I coudlnt have been more wrong. They both love each other so much and play together in their own ways. I think no matter the age difference that sibling connection is amazing. It would be really awesome watching twins - as I know twins are super close in a whole different way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...