September 8, 2012

HCG Weight Loss: Week 1, Update 2

Starting Weight: 194.0

Today’s Weight: 185.4

Pounds Lost: 8.6

Nearly nine pounds down, and nearing the end of day eight on the Trim Nutrition HCG plan. 

The questions I get asked the most right now when I tell people I am doing the HCG diet?

1) Are you hungry?

Yes.  I’m still hungry every few hours.  But, I just make sure I eat every 2 hours or so – a carb option here, a fruit option there – and that seems to get me through the day just fine.

2) Don’t you miss food?/Do you like eating so much salad?

Of course I miss food!  This is temporary though.  As of today, I have 23 days left on this part of the plan.  (Yes, I am counting down.)  As for the salad-eating, I actually am enjoying it.  I’ve mentioned before that I’m pretty sure I have a gluten sensitivity and I am feeling great without gluten and dairy in my system.  I’m just thinking of this process as a time to heal my body and eat only foods that are good for me.

A few notes on the last few days, and then I’ll tell you how many inches I lost this first week!

Day 5:

This was the first day I ate a protein option for breakfast instead of at lunch.  Seemed to work well for me, and I did it all of the other days after this one.  I bought Vitamin C and Charcoal at Whole Foods because I read that they would help with my detox symptoms – headache, shakiness, general feeling of blah.  I also picked up some low-calorie, gluten-free carb options on my shopping trip to replace the melba toast/breadstick allowed on the plan.

Day 6:

One of my first big successes on the diet!  I was out working at a Starbucks while the kids were in preschool, and a friend invited us over for lunch.  Instead of hitting a drive-through and taking food to her house, I stopped at a grocery store and bought salad ingredients.  Vinegar, green apple and lettuce was a favorite salad of mine this week, and it’s what I picked on this slightly tempting day as well --

IMG_20120906_124842

Day 7:

This was the first day that my headache was gone!  So happy.  So relieved.  I was getting rather sick of having a constant headache day in and day out!  Andrew and I had an amazing dinner that I scarfed down too quickly to take a photo of – grass-fed beef and a cucumber salad.  It was amazing.  In the evening, we watched a movie (insert plug for Butter here) and I knew I would want something snacky, so I baked up some apple slices with stevia and cinnamon and made apple chips.  Surprisingly satisfying!

Day 8:

Huge, huge, huge victory today.  We went on a family adventure (that deserves it’s own blog, so I’ll try to post about it tomorrow) with our local Whole Foods store, and the outing included lunch.  I would be lying if, when everyone at the table started ordering burgers, nachos, fries, etc., I wasn’t silently screaming inside.  But, I persevered, ordered a Caesar salad with literally only the chicken and the romaine, and dumped some vinegar from home on top.  I would also be lying if I didn’t say that I walked out of the restaurant feeling like a ROCK STAR!

Tomorrow is day 9 – day 7 of the VLCD.  They’re right – the first 5 days of the VLCD are the hardest.  It becomes a mental battle after that.  9 pounds in a week is nothing to sniff at – and neither is…

12 inches!!!!!

That’s right!  I lost a foot of “Terri” this week.  Some of the major areas that I lost --

2 inches from my waist

2 1/2 inches from my chest

2 1/2 inches from my mid-section

I’m shrinking you guys.  It’s totally worth it.  I can do anything for 23 more days.

Here’s another of the yummy lunch salads I had this week – strawberries and spinach with a little balsamic.

IMG_20120907_132419

I’ll post another update early next week!

Interested in checking out Trim Nutrition for yourself?  Trim Nutrition offers vitamin injections and weight-management products that fit every lifestyle.  Visit their website and check them out!  Enter code “TERRIHCG” in the additional comments section when you check-out to let them know you heard about their products from this blog!


Disclosure: I received a 28-Day HCG Kit for review from Trim Nutrition.  I am not being compensated for my review of this product, nor for my opinions of the product. I always give my honest opinions, feelings and beliefs about the products reviewed on this blog.

34445_107328949317124_107326979317321_53519_3636054_n (2)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...