September 5, 2012

HCG Weight Loss: Week 1, Update 1

Starting Weight: 194.0

Today’s Weight:  186.8

Pounds Lost: 7.2

A few things I’ve realized about the HCG Diet so far this week are -

1)  There aren’t a lot of personal blogs out there about other people’s experiences with HCG.  Most of what I find when I search for information about the diet are companies trying to sell various forms of the hormone, or message boards that seem to be completely unhelpful.  I sincerely hope that this blog will be a help to those of you considering HCG and Trim Nutrition.

2)  People have a LOT to say about HCG, not a lot of which is positive.  Here’s the thing – HCG may be controversial – but so is being fat/unhealthy.  Crying about your weight to your husband and being exhausted all the time because you’re overweight are controversial.  Trying to make a life change in any form is something to be praised, and I certainly can’t make everyone else happy – only me.  Haters ‘gon hate, right?  : )

3)  This is not a “quick fix” or a “simple solution.”  I’ve read a lot of that.  I’m HUNGRY, people.  This has been a mental battle every step of the way.  I’m proud to have made it to “Day 5” – and I’m proud of every pound I’ve dropped so far! 

With that being said, I’ll walk through the past 4 days!

Day 1:

I did my first injection, and was surprised that it didn’t hurt at all!  Days one and two are “gorge” days, where you have to eat as much as possible of fattening foods.  I truly felt gross by the end of the day.  We had Chick-Fil-A for lunch, and I made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.  Andrew complained that if this went on, he was going to gain 10 pounds!  I did sneak out in the evening for drinks with my friend, Amy, since it was going to be one of my last opportunities to do so for a while.  : )

Day 2:

Surprisingly tough to eat so much – you’d think it would be fun!  I had heartburn intermittently throughout the day and night, and I was definitely noticing a lot of the food sensitivity issues I suspect – gluten, dairy, etc.  I downloaded Dr. Simeon’s book (the doctor who invented the diet) and read it – only 60 pages and absolutely worth it.  Reading it made me feel even more well-informed and ready to go into day three.

Day 3:

I was wide awake at 4 AM (and have been every subsequent morning) – not sure if this is the energy boost I’ve been hearing about or if I’m just excited about the diet.  We’ll see.  I spent some time in the morning doing prep for the coming week – cooking chicken, buying frozen pre-cooked shrimp, washing veggies, etc.  I was super hungry all day, and had to keep telling myself to drink more water, or focus on something else.  It was definitely not unbearable, but I did feel slightly shaky and had a headache.  A friend who has done the diet said this may just be my body detoxing.  Ate things like chicken, spinach and shrimp on this day.  This was my dinner – pretty yummy!

DSCN8187

Day 4:

Woke up to a 4.7 pound loss on my scale, which made me reenergized and refocused for the day ahead.  I had skipped the melba toast/bread stick option on day three because of my gluten-intolerance suspicions, but on day four, I did have a brown rice cake to get some carbs in my system.  The rice cake seemed to boost my energy and help with the shakiness, and I finally took ibuprofen for the headache, which helped.  For the first time in WEEKS, I did not take an afternoon nap, so the boost of energy is definitely here!

Today is day five, and I woke up to another loss – nearly two pounds!  Since Trim Nutrition’s guidelines say that it’s okay to switch around what food you eat to different times of the day (as long as you get all of the required foods and do not add anything unlisted into your diet,) I tried having chicken at breakfast this morning.  It seems to be helping with the shakiness to have gotten some protein in so early in the day.

I definitely feel like I’m hitting my stride this morning – and am not nearly as hungry and grumpy as I was for the two previous days, and the “brain fog” is clearing.  This is a process – detoxing, teaching my body that it’s not going to get the fats and sugars I was putting into it before, retraining my brain.  I’m excited to get through five days on the VLCD, as everything I read says the first five days are the hard ones.

7 pounds down and going strong!  I’ll plan to update again this weekend, when I re-take my measurements.

Interested in checking out Trim Nutrition for yourself?  Trim Nutrition offers vitamin injections and weight-management products that fit every lifestyle.  Visit their website and check them out!  Enter code “TERRIHCG” in the additional comments section when you check-out to let them know you heard about their products from this blog!


Disclosure: I received a 28-Day HCG Kit for review from Trim Nutrition.  I am not being compensated for my review of this product, nor for my opinions of the product. I always give my honest opinions, feelings and beliefs about the products reviewed on this blog.

 

34445_107328949317124_107326979317321_53519_3636054_n (2)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Just came across your blog review while checking out trim nutrition... How did it all go? Curious and wanting to start...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...