September 12, 2012

HCG Weight Loss: Week 2, Update 1

Starting Weight: 194.0

Current Weight: 185.1

Pounds Lost: 8.9

Things are slow in week two of my Trim Nutrition HCG diet.  I seem to be in what people call a “stall” – where I’ve gone several days at the exact same weight.  I’ve done lots of reading on the subject, and it’s supposedly normal, but when you’re working as hard as I am and not seeing the scale go down, it gets a little stressful.

I’m so thankful for the folks at Trim Nutrition, and for the support they are providing with this diet.  Yesterday, I had a phone consult with Kathy, the health care provider at Trim who handles the HCG patients.  She was so helpful, running through a list of questions with me about the medications I’m taking and the foods I’m eating.  Our conversation ended with the same thoughts I’d already had – I’m doing everything right, but my body is just temporarily stalled.

Kathy said I can always try an “apple day,” a part of the HCG protocol that has you eat six apples throughout the day with no other food, in an attempt to get your body kick-started again.  I am in no hurry to take such drastic action just yet – especially since Kathy said that, especially in week 2, I could stall for 5 days at the same weight and it would be normal.

I’m also about to start my cycle, so that most likely is the root of the problem – darn water retention.

I’m feeling fantastic on the diet, and have really embraced the new style of eating.  I just started reading The End of Overeating by David Kessler, and it’s fascinating so far.  It’s filled with information about how our bodies have become programmed to want fat, sugar and salt, and how restaurants and food manufacturers do everything they can to hit us with these ingredients so we keep overeating.  I’d certainly believe it!

I’m seeing this diet as a two-fold process – one is obviously to follow the HCG plan and lose weight, but I am also using this time as a time to detox my body of these harmful ingredients, and to work on some food addiction issues that I have.  Why not use the plan as a time to reset and get things on track? 

Here’s a little day-to-day breakdown since my last blog -

Day 9:

Packed a little salad for lunch and took the kids to the park after church.  Otherwise just a typical, lazy Sunday.  It’s nice to see the HCG diet fit into every day life.  People think such a restricted diet is hard to follow, but really the boundaries are not that challenging to stick to.

Day 10:

Another successful day.  I mostly spent time researching the stall I seem to be in.  Nothing too exciting!  We did make amazing lettuce wraps for dinner.  YUM.

IMG_20120910_181117

Day 11:

Had my phone consult with Kathy on this day.  We also made another yummy dinner – a seafood hash made with radishes instead of potatoes.

IMG_20120912_081646

Day 12:

That’s today!  Can’t believe I’ve conquered 10 days of the VLCD.  I’m really not even missing the sugar and fat and carbohydrates that I’ve eliminated.  Protein and veggies are my friends.

I’ll be taking my measurements again on Friday.  Can’t wait to see if, like lots of the HCG message boards out there say, I’m losing inches even when I’m not losing pounds.

Stay tuned!

Interested in checking out Trim Nutrition for yourself?  Trim Nutrition offers vitamin injections and weight-management products that fit every lifestyle.  Visit their website and check them out!  Enter code “TERRIHCG” in the additional comments section when you check-out to let them know you heard about their products from this blog!


Disclosure: I received a 28-Day HCG Kit for review from Trim Nutrition.  I am not being compensated for my review of this product, nor for my opinions of the product. I always give my honest opinions, feelings and beliefs about the products reviewed on this blog.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...