April 21, 2008

a tree for ben.

This weekend, in the midst of our garden-planting, we decided to buy a tree for Baby Bennet. We had a really big terra cotta pot that we thought would be a perfect place for a little tree out in front of our house. We had a hard time finding a tree that we liked that would grow well in urban conditions. The guy who helped us at Lowes recommended a Japanese Maple, but I was not a fan of the red leaves! I think trees should have pretty, green leaves that look alive - not scary, red, devil-leaves. (Poor Andrew, he married a crazy person.)

We finally settled on a little Dogwood tree with pink flowers. It looks a little "Charlie Brown" right now, but we're excited to see it grow with Bennet. Here are some pictures of the big tree plant!

My next thing I want for the house is a bench for out front. Lots of our neighbors have one, and I told Andrew I think it's high time we get one, too. Can't wait to sit on our bench with Bennet and enjoy our new tree!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Such a cute idea! Can't wait to see the pretty flowers...

April E. :) said...

I love the tree idea!!! I may gather permission to steal the idea whenever I have my own little one :) Love you momma...one more day closer to his arrival!!

Anonymous said...

When I saw your blog I was inspired to create one for my family, too! Thanks for your creative inspiration :)

I love the tree idea. I wish I had done something like that with Emilie.

Many Titles said...

I have always wanted to plant a tree when he had a child.... though you need your own home to do that. So I am glad that you got to!!!! I may just put a plant in a pot. And I am so glad you went with a dogwood. They are gorgeous in the spring time and it will be a wonderful memory of his birth!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...