February 15, 2009

my fabulous valentine.

In all of my 28 Valentine's Days, this was the best one I've ever had. Really and truly. I've had romantic dinners, single girl sleepovers, and all sorts of V-Day experiences in my lifetime and I cannot remember a happier day. Spending the entire day with Andrew and Bennet, sharing dinner on Valentine's Day evening with friends, getting to rest and take a long shower while Andrew cooked dinner, cleaned the house, AND set the table...the entire day, morning through bedtime was sublime. When we were falling asleep, I told Andrew that I couldn't remember a happier or more perfect Valentine's Day. I meant it.

Here are some highlights of the day...

Andrew made us pancakes for breakfast. He gave Sophie her own plate!


Bennet loved his pancakes! Mmm!


The beautiful roses that were delivered to my door with a card that said I was "the best wife and mother in the world." Aww.


We took Monkey to lunch at Chick-Fil-A and shopping at Target - where we bought him this race car sweatshirt as a Valentine's Day present!


Andrew made me Venison au poivre with roasted potatoes and brussels sprouts for dinner! Eric and Natalie came over and had dinner with us. It was so great to share the day with good friends.


Did I have a wonderful Valentine's Day, or what? I've said it before and I'll say it again - I am the luckiest girl in the world!

2 comments:

April E. :) said...

super sweet day TT. Glad you had such a good one...you deserve it!

- Sarah :-) said...

That's awesome to hear.

But PS: fromthe look in Sophie's insane pancake-eating eyes, I'd say that she would argue that SHE had the best Valentine's day ever. ha ha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...