July 24, 2009

artscape.

Last weekend, we took Bennet to Artscape for the first time. Artscape is a free art festival that has been happening in Baltimore as long as I can remember. It's huge. Every year, it seems to get bigger. This year was the first time I'd ever gone with a child and I was so impressed with all of the fun things for kids there.

Target sponsored a "family art park" for kids - where there were tons of things for Bennet to explore. Here he is building a tower with Daddy under a tent that was filled with lego blocks for building!


The National Aquarium had a tent with crafts for kids. Bennet was a little young for craft-making, so instead I just gave him these colored, plastic ribbons to play with. He loved them.


We even tied them onto his stroller and let them blow in the breeze as we pushed him around.


My favorite part of the afternoon was this tent, where a woman was making balloon animals for the kids. She made Bennet a monkey (of course,) and he really seemed to enjoy watching her make it for him. He babbled and squeeled at her the whole time. I think she got a kick out of him, too!


Here's Monkey with his new friend, Monkey. We couldn't believe that Monkey was dropped out of the stroller several times, and was chewed on, and made it to the car in one piece!

I'm sure Bennet will enjoy Artscape even more next year once he's older. Raising kids in the city is so exciting for us. There's always something fun to do with them!

1 comments:

April E. :) said...

That has always intrigued me, but I have never been. May have to drop by next year :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...