May 3, 2010

building and growing.

One of our new favorite activities to do with Bennet is the Build and Grow Clinic at Lowes. Lowes holds free clinics every Saturday, and kids get to make some pretty cool stuff! Bennet has made a window box planter and a bird feeder so far. He's had a lot of fun hammering and making noise and learning to build things. Andrew even gets to come with us, since they are on the weekends.


In addition to the project they make each week, Lowes gives each kid an apron to wear. Every time they complete a project, they get a patch to put on their apron. It reminds me of Boy Scouts, only I think it's even cuter! It's such a fun program to participate in. Bennet has had a blast so far, and I think it's something he'll like more and more as he gets older!


4 comments:

April E. :) said...

that is SUPER cute! I didn't know they did that!! What a great idea!

Life as we are living it said...

I would love to take the kids. I wonder if they have an age limit?
Quest? I was waiting for you to post your spring swap gifts so that I could snag a copy. I want to scrap a page on my first swap. Your don't have to post it if you have one. You can just email it to hkabdugan@aol.com. Thanks! I got ahead of myself and wraped everything before taking a pics. Thanks!!!! Oh yeah, Thanks for the gum. I am addicted now. >:( hehe! Love it!!!

Many Titles said...

I have been waiting for Tessie to be a little older before I take her. They do such great projects! I can't wait to take her now.

By the way, Bennet looks like such a little man now =)

Miranda said...

You gotta start filling me in on these cute workshops you find. Haha I have no clue the fun stuff out there we could be doing! I'm signing up for this program at our Lowes right now! :) Thanks for letting me steal all your ideas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...