May 2, 2010

project 365: week 56



April 21, 2010: Bennet's friend, Scarlett, made this necklace for him out of bells and pipe cleaners. On this night, Sophie was being extra "barky" at the front window, so we made her wear the necklace as punishment. She was not happy.


April 22, 2010: Preparations are being made for Bennet's birthday party. I can't believe he will be 2! We're having a "Little Man" themed birthday party for him. I've been trying to buy things and get them organized in advance so I am not tired, pregnant and rushing around trying to get things done last-minute.


April 23, 2010: To say that Bennet is very into kids songs at the moment is an understatement. One of his favorite things to watch is an old VHS tape I have of Sesame Street characters singing kids songs. He dances and jumps all over the living room, singing and squealing along with the music.


April 24, 2010: Andrew and I took Bennet to Patterson Park to play on the playground. He entertained himself for a large portion of the morning by sliding down this dirty hill on his bottom. When you're raising a toddler, sometimes all you can do is laugh.


April 25, 2010: Andrew let me tag along with him for a work conference in Lake Charles, LA. My friend, Kara, let Bennet stay with her so we could get away for a little babymoon before number 2 comes! I am an obsessive-compulsive packer, as seen here in this photo of my packing lists. I had one for Bennet, one for Sophie (who went to her friend PeaPod's house for a sleepover,) and one for me.


April 26, 2010: The view of the hotel pool and Lake Charles from our hotel room at L'Auberge Du Lac.


April 27, 2010: Here's how I spent my entire day on Tuesday - laying by the pool. I read books, listened to music on my ipod, and napped. It was glorious.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

Love the view of the pool! Haha. I don't miss those hot prego days at all!

April E. :) said...

oh that trip does look like it was glorious! Glad you got a little break before the sweet little one arrives!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...