November 29, 2010

from one holiday to the next.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We planned to have dinner in the evening, so we got to spend the whole day cooking and being lazy, watching the parade in our pajamas. Monkey was very excited for the parade this year, especially the Sesame Street float! He also loved helping us with the "cookin's" and "bakin's."


Since moving into our new (bigger) home, my mom has given me my grandmother's china. This was the first time we were able to use it - it looked beautiful on the table! I feel like such a grown up now, with a house that isn't crowded and overflowing when we entertain, and china place settings! Life in the 'burbs is treating us well.



It was Beanie's first Thanksgiving. Andrew and I were thinking, as we were cooking dinner, that it was at Thanksgiving dinner last year that we told my family that I was pregnant with her. A year later, I can't believe I have a tiny, baby daughter in addition to the most sweet, loving little guy that a momma could ever hope for. I'm thankful for my beautiful children, I'm thankful to be done having babies, I'm thankful that we're settled in to our new home and are so very happy here. We are blessed - that I'm sure of!



After dinner, on Thanksgiving night, I did some Black Friday shopping, and then headed home to sleep for a few hours before Bennet woke us up, yelling about it being time to go get our Christmas tree! In keeping with our tradition of past years, we woke up early and went to Chick-Fil-A for breakfast, then went to Lowe's to get our tree. Bennet definitely gets Christmas this year. He is so excited about our tree, about reindeer, about Santa Claus - it's been very high-energy around here since talk of Christmas started.

Our tree is decorated, our Christmas lights are up outside, we're watching all of the classic Christmas shows with Bennet - The Grinch, Rudolph, Frosty - I'll be sure to post about all of our holiday decorating soon. For now, you'll just have to be content with my ridiculously cute babies, picking out their Christmas tree...


Stay tuned for details on the tree, and our other Christmas fun!

1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...