February 21, 2011

Mermaid Softie from old baby onesies.

I have to thank Amanda at Patricia Rae Designs for the inspiration for this little sewing project! A few weeks ago, I saw her tutorial for a Mermaid Dolly, and bookmarked it for a later project. I’ve been seeing lots of stuffed animals and softies out there that are made from old baby clothes, and I knew this sweet, little mermaid would be a great doll to make for Kennedy out of onesies she has outgrown!

DSCF4230

I followed Amanda’s tutorial to a tee, cutting the pieces of the mermaid’s body and tail out of old onesies, and cutting the face and hair from felt. I hand-sewed the face and hair on, making sure it’s good and tight, since Kennedy puts everything in her mouth these days!

Here’s a shot of the back, too…

DSCF4231

I introduced Kennedy to her new, aquatic friend this afternoon and she was a big fan!

DSCF4242

DSCF4243

I loved this design! It will definitely go on my list of baby gifts, especially if I make it out of soft fleece or dot minky. I’d even like to add some ribbon tags around the outside next time I make one. Thanks, Amanda!

2 comments:

AmandaRose said...

oh my goodness your turned out so stinking cute and your little girl looks so happy with it, thank you for letting me see what you made with my tutorial if its okay i would like to feature it :) you did an amazing job

Amanda

PatriciaRaeDesigns said...

http://patriciaraedesigns.blogspot.com/2011/02/featured-and-pattern.html here is the link i'm finally getting updated on my blog :) thank you so much again for sharing

Amanda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...