April 7, 2011

March “Julia”– Cod a la Provençale.

11 in 11

We managed to pull off our March recipe from Mastering the Art of French Cooking, despite both of us being sick with miserable colds!  Andrew was feeling better than I was, so he planned the menu for this month.

DSCF5421

Got all that?  This was actually a fairly simple Julia recipe – Cod with a yummy tomato and onion sauce, buttered green beans, boiled potatoes.  Yum.  I’m not even a big fish fan, and I loved it.

DSCF5422

It was nice to try this recipe and see that not all French food involves heavy cream sauces and high calorie dishes.  This meal was light and healthy and very delicious.

DSCF5423

Obviously.

We tend to decide at the last minute which meal we’ll tackle for the month.  Who knows what we’ll make in April.  I am surprised I let Andrew talk me into fish so early on in the year.  But, as I said, I was pleasantly surprised by this meal, and told Andrew that it just may have stopped me from giving up on fish completely!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...