October 21, 2012

Pumpkin Carving!

Such a special time carving pumpkins this year!  My mom and grandma came over to help, and the kids had a blast working on their pumpkins.

DSCN8525

Bennet wanted a Batman pumpkin, so he and Andrew worked on this beauty --

DSCN8545

Kennedy wanted a “witch” pumpkin, and thanks to Pinterest and an old witch hat I had picked up on a thrifting trip, we came up with this --

DSCN8540

It’s pretty much my favorite pumpkin I’ve ever carved.

DSCN8532

I put my mom and Mommom on pumpkin-seed-picking-duty, and we have tons of pumpkin seeds to use.  I am planning on roasting some tomorrow, and on trying out a pumpkin seed pesto recipe that’s also from Pinterest.

DSCN8552

Monkey see, Monkey do.

DSCN8555

Hope everyone enjoys your last few days before Halloween!  It’s hard to believe Thanksgiving will be coming up soon, and that Christmas will be here before we know it!  Time flies!

DSCN8560

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...