February 11, 2011

tulle and ribbon tutu.

One of the best things about having a baby girl is getting to sew and make all kinds of frilly, girly things!  With the help of tutorials from a few websites that I love – Vermillion Rules & I Heart Naptime – I’ve been teaching myself to make tutus.  Making tutus at home is extremely easy – and oh-so-much cheaper than buying them!  My Moms Club a raffle tonight – and I volunteered to make a tutu and matching headband as one of the prizes.  I finished it this afternoon and I sort of love it!

DSCF3744

I made a little flower out of tulle and attached it to the headband along with one of the flower embellishments I added to the tutu.  This was my first time incorporating ribbon and tulle into a tutu and I love the way it turned out.

DSCF3745 

I wanted to check the size of it – so I had Bennet model it.  He really was fond of it, and was “too sad” when he had to take it off.

DSCF3731

I still owe Kennedy’s best pal, Addison, one – so next I may get to working on St. Patrick’s Day ones for both girls!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...